Cost £845.00+ vat per person
6 days of Training + 1 for assessment
Pre award of 201 202 203 units is required
Max 4 Candidates
Min 3 Candidates
Training Courses designed for Tree Surgeons & Arborists, who can carryout tree surgery & arboricultural works within the trees canopy.
Tree surgery courses teach the candidates the skills on how to become a tree surgeon, starting course being how to climb a tree using a rope & harness & to perform aerial rescues and moves on to advanced chainsaw techniques to become and Arborist.
Designed to get the candidate up and moving freely off the ground within the trees canopy safely,
This without stating the obvious this course does require a head for heights, along with a degree of upper body strength and flexibility.
By selecting preparing & inspection a range of suitable climbing equipment,ropes, harness & skills to tie a varied range of climbing knots and their configuration along with guidance on legislation relevant to tree climbing operations.
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing.
- Identify personal protective equipment
- Inspect climbing harness and identify key features.
- Explaining how to inspect the tree, looking for hazard or safety considerations pre climb.
- Tie applicable tree climbing knots.
- Identify hazards and organise site accordingly .
- Choose appropriate anchor points.
- Employ techniques for safe, efficient ascent, manovering and descent.
- Understand the duties of a competent ground person.
- Carry out aerial rescue techniques with a casualty.
- Use of body strops & climbing spikes
- Use of Top Handled chainsaw to perform free fall techniques & pruning cuts 1-2-3 technique