Stump grinder Training Courses are delivered to give the candidate the knowledge & practical skill to achieve certificates of competence by assessment by bodies such as NPTC City & Guilds.
Course fees £175.00 +vat
Awarded certificates of competence are widely recognised by both sector employers and the health & safety executive.
Tuition for the candidate to prepare the mechanical stump grinder to ensure compliance with safe operation & site preparation prior to & during the removal of unwanted tree stumps, often carried out by Tree surgeons, Arborists or other ground workers in Horticulture.
The operation to remove unwanted tree stumps that allows for an area once occupied by a tree to be used for other Horticultural or other uses.
• Introduction & aims.
• Pre-use checks & risk assessments associated with using a stump Grinder.
• Familiarisation with the machine and the working parts.
• Inspection & Routine maintenance.
• Checking & maintaining of the cutting tooth - teeth.
• Carryout daily / Pre-use / weekly checks.
• Protective clothing required.
• Starting & pre-use checks.
• Practical demonstrations & safe use.
• Establishing a safe working area in operations on site.
• Safe working practices. Buried Service media
• Storage & transportation.
• Legislative issues.