360' Excavator training Courses delivered to give the candidate the knowledge & practical skill to achieve certificates of competence assessment by NPTC City & Guild.
Course fees £295.00 +vat 2 days 1 training then 1 for assessment
On Successful completion candidates are awarded certificates of competence, recognised by both sector employers and the health & safety executive.
The preparation & operation of an 360' mini digger excavator for use of a 360 excavator under 10 tonnes (mini-digger) for a range of industries and work environments.
Content of the Excavator - Mini Digger course
• Identify the basic construction and components of the machine, the purpose and use of all its controls and gauges.
• Identify, comply with manufacturer operator’s handbook & other information sources and applicable legislation.
• Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
• Prepare the excavator for site travel.
• Travel over differing types of terrain including undulating ground.
• Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
• Position and set the machine to excavate.
• Identify precautions and actions for underground and overhead services and other hazards.
• Identify soil and material characteristics.
• Excavate below ground level.
• Load vehicles and hoppers.
• Backfill, grade, spread and level different types of terrain.
• Remove and re-attach different buckets.
• Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition.
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.