Pesticides training Courses with Boom are delivered to give the candidate the knowledge & practical skill to acheive certificates of competence by assessment by bodies such as NPTC City & Guilds.
Awarded certificates of competence are widely recognised by both sector employers and the health & safety executive.
Cost of Course £175.00 + vat
BOOM Mounted Sprayer Module (PA2 OPTION): - 1 Day + assessment, (pre qualification of Pa1 is required)
Content of the course
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential.
Our assessment course in Boom Sprayer; Hydraulic Nozzle, has experienced instructors who will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of the Boom sprayer.
Who is it for ?
Our Boom Sprayer Hydraulic Nozzle course is for anyone who uses vehicle mounted / trailer boom spraying equipment (hydraulic nozzle) as part of their work.
If you would like to attend this course you must be able to proficiently use, and drive the particular vehicle(s) used during the training, you also should have attended the Safe Use of Pesticides course.
This course will run for two days if you are a beginner, and one day if you have previous spraying experience.
What will you get from it ?
- Identify and describe how vehicle mounted spraying equipment works
- Prepare and set up vehicle mounted / trailed spraying machines
- Identify and describe how a spraying machine works
- Choose and use the correct nozzles for any application
- Set and calibrate the machine for a given application
- Fill vehicle mounted spraying equipment safely
- Clean and decontaminate all the equipment safely
- Service the machine
- Operate a spraying machine safely and effectively.
- Basics of spray application
- The working principles of a hydraulic sprayer
- Preparation of machinery for work
- Calibration in practice
- Mixing and filling/essential PPE
- Field work
- Sprayer decontamination, disposal of washings and machine storage
You will need, to bring your PPE ,
A Calculator,Pen and you're lunch
Coveralls for use in Pesticides application should be at least a type 6 coverall ( lowered numbered suits offer higher protection, so a type 3 or 4 would also be applicable )
They must not be the unmarked nuisance type coverall, they do look very similar, but are not designed for pesticide use, and have none of the "type" numbers of protection.
A pair of unlined nitrile gloves, at least 300mm in length ,Wellington Boots & Faceshield,
The things you need to know:
Duration: 1 Day
Max no of learners: 6